Not sure what I or Microsoft's legal department should think about Microsoft's Analytics team bidding on brands of competitors, but it certainly isn't gentlemen like and it really surprised me today. Of course it is not condemnable to use surveys to "crowdsource" some info before an important launch of a new product, but if you read some of their survey questions below, it is clear that they still haven't found the "killer feature" to compete with Google Analytics, Sitemeter and Co.
Here some of the questions:
1. What Web analytics services does your business utilize? (check all that apply). Answers: ClickTracks, CoreMetrics, DeepMetrix , Google Analytics, Omniture, VisiStat, WebTrends, WebSideStory, Other (please specify)
2. How would you describe your use of Web analytics services? Answers: I look at the executive summaries, I look at a few key reports, I look at a wide range of reports ('power user'), I administrate it for my organization but don't use reports Other (please specify)
3. What new feature or features would you most like to see in your analytics system and why? Answer Formfield
4. If you could change an existing feature in your analytics system, which one would you change and how?
5. Which best describes your single biggest complaint with your current Web analytics service?
6. What questions does your current Web analytics service not answer for you?