If you are planning to launch your business in Europe, make sure you know the following stats: - UK:
Internet users aged 55 and older are about to become the largest online demographic in the U.K, reports HitWise.
55+ online surfers now account for 22 percent of British Internet visits, up 40 percent over 2006.
- Germany: German surfers spend 14.5% of their online time on Ebay.
- France: 30,837,595 Internet users as of January/07, 50.3% of the population, according to Nielsen Net//Ratings.
- Italy: The top 30 web sites are:
- MSN/Windows Live
- Seat PG Directories Online
- La Repubblica (Newspaper)
- Vodafone Omnitel
- Corriere della Sera
- Lycos Europe
- Poste Italiane
- La Gazetta dello Sport
- Telecom Italia
Spain: The Spanish Internet Services Market was worth €2.2 billion at the end of 2006, consisting of 7.7 million internet connections and making up 50% of total households.
EU: In the first quarter of 2006, the highest proportions of households with internet access were recorded in the Netherlands (80%), Denmark (79%), Sweden (77%) and Luxembourg (70%). The lowest levels were registered in Greece (23%), Slovakia (27%), Hungary (32%), Lithuania and Portugal (both 35%).