Vitrium, a Vancouver based company, launched Docmetrics, a new document tracker that sounds pretty interesting. DocMetrics is able to measure... - how many readers open a document
- how many pages in the document readers view
- how long readers spend reading each page
-how many unique readers open a document
- how many times a document has been opened
- how many times a document has been printed
- how many pages readers have viewed
- how long readers have viewed content for
- how long readers have spent on each page
I am not really sure who could use this document tracker, but with Google crawling and indexing PDF files, I could see how useful this could be.
On the "dark" side I believe some good SEOs could pull some nice insights out of this. Would be interesting to see where an optimized PDF could rank in the SERPs.